The need for a central inspection system is to address the common complaints about ambiguity, duplication and overlapping mandates between inspection authorities, and a general lack of cooperation and coordination. Currently, industrial establishments are receiving multiple visits from different bodies often checking on the same things, and, on some occasions, contradicting each other.
As part of "Ease of Doing Business" system, improving the inspection system has become a critical parameter in ensuring clarity on inspections, frequency of inspections, and reducing duplications. This Inspection System aims to achieve the objective of simplifying business regulations and bring in transparency and accountability in inspections
The functions of CIS are as follows
- Develop transparent checklists and procedures.
- Ensure synchronized inspections of Department of Industries (Boilers), Labour Department, Haryana State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB), Mines and Geology Department, Haryana , Excise & Taxation Department, Haryana , Food and Drug Administration , Food Civil Supplies and Directorate of Urban Local Bodies
- Establish the system for risk based inspections
- Develop modalities for conducting surprise inspections
- Empanel third party inspector, wherever applicable.
- Undertake capacity building initiatives